Sunday, March 15th, 2020 at 6:00pm
A Letter Regarding COVID-19
Amid the first pandemic in my lifetime, a national state of emergency and our state’s first public health emergency, we find ourselves in unchartered territory in every area of life, including medical practices. News on the coronavirus (COVID-19)and our situation is changing, literally, by the minute.
At Spa Medical, we want to respect the varied opinions on confinement, while following state and federal recommendations. Due to the small volume of people in our space at any given time, as well as the short appointment time for most services, we currently have no plans to change our schedule. However, we will take extra precaution in planning our schedules to keep a low volume in the Spa at any given time, screening patients and thorough sanitizing, even our stress balls! Therefore, we have postponed our truSculpt ID event planned for Tuesday, March 17th. Our team has had no exposure to COVID-19, to our knowledge, and are all asymptomatic. Furthermore, none of our staff is allowed to come to work with any respiratory symptoms. We are informed of all updates through GA Department of Public Health (GDPH) and the CDC and will continue to open under the standards set forth by them. If the time comes, when medical practices like ours are asked to close, we will gladly be compliant. In the meantime, we will continue our aesthetic medical services to you and will include the following
- Medical grade sanitizer wipes of common areas including doorknobs, phones, etc. following each patient.
- Curbside pickup of products- call to purchase over the phone, text when you arrive and we will bring your purchases to your car
- If you would like, text us when you arrive for your treatment/service, wait in your car, and we will text you when you can go straight to your procedure room to avoid waiting in the sitting area.
- Please refrain from bringing others inside with you to your appointment in order to reduce public exposure.
- Obviously, do not come to Spa Medical or go out in public if you have any of the following:
- Fever, respiratory symptoms or flu like symptoms
- Exposure to persons who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a known exposure or a pending test result
- Any international travel of you or a family memeber within the last 2 weeks or travel to other hotspots throughout the US, that are mentioned on the news, and locally including the greater Atlanta area.
We are watching diligently, like you, and have made plans to serve you well. However, we understand if you had rather not get out and will happily reschedule your appointment. Please call us at 478-743-2299 to let us know if you DO NOT plan to keep your appointment. We will assume you are coming unless we hear from you.
As a Christian, I know that “all things work together for good to those who love God and who are called according to His purpose.”
(Romans 8:28) Therefore, I believe innovative, paradigm shifts could come from this unfamiliar, trying time as we are forced to make creative changes in our daily lives: relationships, worship, education, shopping, and businesses. I told my friend who safely returned from Italy on Friday, to use her time in self-quarantine for good through prayer, reflection and perspective. May will all be brought to a proper perspective of the important things in life and not be under the tyranny of the urgent things.
Stay safe, live smart and take advice from leaders.
Terri Harper, MSN, NP-C
Clinical Director , Spa Medical